Friday, November 26, 2010

Word of the Day

Quiescent

Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: being at rest; quiet; still; inactive or motionless: a quiescent mind.
Synonyms: asleep, at rest, deactivated, dormant, fallow, idle, immobile, in abeyance, inert, inoperative, latent, motionless, passive, quiet, slumbering, stagnant, still
Antonyms: active, alive, at work, effective, efficacious, exertive, flowing, functioning, impelling, in force, in play, in process, moving, operative, progressive, pushing, rapid, restless, simmering, streaming, traveling, working

"The poorest man in the world is not the one without a nickle, it's the one without a DREAM." - Jesse Duplantis

This is what my life feels like everyday. And then I realize that I have done nothing to change this. I don't know where to go from here, what to do with my life, what to make of it. Its so challenging, and sometimes very overwhelming, but I look forward to the future, because I know one day I'll have all this figured out. I should be working on that now, and well the process is very slow. I'm taking a class on conflict resolution right now, and apparently I'm a fact-finder, not that I didn't already know that, but it means that I like to have all the details before I jump into something and I am extremely organized. I like to have a clear vision of where I am going. And I realize that this is what makes this process so hard for me. Its like I'm afraid of the path that I choose. Because I don't know where it will take me, so instead I prefer to remain in familiar territory, which isn't going to get me anywhere. So, I have to jump if I want to make any sort of headway. A good friend reminded me, as I wage on in this war of finding myself and my ground, I must remember to have faith in myself and God's plan. In her words, "Don't worry about it . . . just get on the job [and] you'll have it! I'm confident in that just make a solid plan and it will come to pass.....there's a way trust! and what is meant will happen :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment