Monday, November 15, 2010

Where I Wanna Be

Inner peace (or peace of mind) refers to a state of being mentally and spiritually at peace, with enough knowledge and understanding to keep oneself strong in the face of discord or stress. Being "at peace" is considered by many to be healthy and the opposite of being stressed or anxious. Peace of mind is generally associated with bliss and happiness. Peace of mind, serenity, and calmness are descriptions of a disposition free from the effects of stress. In some cultures, inner peace is considered a state of consciousness or enlightenment that may be cultivated by various forms of training, such as prayer, meditation, or exercise. Many spiritual practices refer to this peace as an experience of knowing oneself.

So, I've been going through this phase of trying to discover myself and determine what I what to do with my life and where I want to be. It's been an emotional challenge. I haven't quite figured out where I'm headed or how I'm going to get there exactly. But I know I'm going to get there. I've been at war with myself trying to figure out who I am and uncover the truths that lie within. Through all of my trials and tribulations I try to remain strong. But to be honest I am not very good at stress management and all this hoopla has only been wearing down on me, causing distress and anxiety. I need to find peace of mind. The ability to remain calm under pressure, to have confidence in myself, and realize that I am loved. The greatest gift and feeling anyone can experience is love. And His love is an all-encompassing one.

Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be one of mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. ~ 2 Corinthians 13:11

The best way to describe how I'm feeling right now is:

No comments:

Post a Comment