Monday, November 8, 2010

Baby Blog

Laila Ali is the new celeb blogger over at UsMagazine.comAli is expecting her second child with husband Curtis Conway, and she will be sharing the ups and downs of her pregnancy experience with Us. In her first entry, Ali, 32, opens up about her sweetness cravings and workout routine:

"I'm pregnant for the second time! I'm just about four months pregnant -- but in my opinion, I look like I'm six months along! Giving birth to a child is a beautiful gift and a privilege -- there is no denying that. But, what a woman has to go through to make it happen is something else.

Luckily, my first pregnancy with my son, Curtis Jr., went very well. No morning sickness, nausea, skin problems, crazy food cravings, etc. But I did have to deal with what most women dread when having babies: weight gain! I know it is healthy to gain 25-40 pounds -- but that does not mean I have to like it. I'm a big girl already. I'm not one of these skinny chicks. At my best, I weigh about 174 lbs, so adding another 35 puts me past 200lbs. That's no fun for any woman.

And, this second pregnancy has given me a bigger appetite so I better watch out. Sweets are my weakness -- especially baked goods such as strawberry shortcake and peach cobbler a la mode. In fact, I actually made a peach oatmeal crisp last night. It was supposed to be for my husband, but he still hasn't had any yet, so of course I've been eating it! It didn't even turn out as planned, but it is warm, sweet and goes well with vanilla ice cream. And that's good enough for me.

Yesterday I wore a velour jumpsuit, and when I walked past my husband, he said "Your butt is getting bigger." I told him I had already noticed! Isn't it great that we can be so open and honest with each other?!

I had been traveling a lot over the past two weeks, so I had not been going to the gym consistently. Well, I'm back in there now, hitting the elliptical and doing my leg and butt exercises.

The plan is to work out 4-5 times a week with 50 minutes of cardio (25 minutes on the treadmill and 25 on the elliptical trainer). Also I usually work on my legs 2-3 times a week. That workout consists of 3 sets of 25 squats, 6 sets of leg extensions, 6 sets of hamstring extensions, 3 sets of both inner and outer thigh, 3 sets of calve raises and 3 sets on the Butt Blaster machine.

I'll keep you posted on my progress!"

And this pic of her adorable son Curtis Jr. was posted over at BlackCelebKids. AWWW!

No comments:

Post a Comment