Saturday, February 5, 2011

Determing Your Destiny

I was visiting a middle school yesterday and the atmosphere there was quite interesting as it was a sharp contrast to the junior high school environment I endured. There was a strong emphasis on college awareness. The school appeared to be under a rather new curriculum which seemed to be working very well. Everything was pretty much in control and there didn't seem to be many issues with discipline, which was a constant at my alma mater. The faculty and staff are always trying to improve the curriculum and enforce student expectations. As one faculty explained, "our goal is to provide students access to the curriculum and a safe learning environment." I felt that the faculty and staff were really invested in student outcomes and they were very hospitable.

One thing that I took notice of, and is the reason I wrote this post, was a poster on the wall that read:
Watch you thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become your character.
Watch your character, it determines your destiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment