Monday, March 14, 2011

ESPN Doc: Fab Five


So, I decided to watch ESPN's documentary on the Fab Five after being enticed all week by the commercials. And I have to admit that I was really impressed. First off, the documentary was dope and I learned so much about the game of basketball, including the Fab Five and college ball, as well as the business aspect of it. It had me hyped the whole time I was watching (not to mention I was trying to write a paper at the same time and managed to distract myself completely the entire time, then the doc came on again right after and I even debated watching it again but I finally convinced myself to just turn the tv off). Anyways, I have to say that I hadn't anticipated it to be as fascinating as it was. But I am now intrigued by Jalen Rose's swag. HA! And it was so well produced that i didn't even notice that C Webb chose not to partake in the festivities until the portion about his infamous timeout.



The Fab [Freshmen] Five of Michigan State's basketball team back in the early 90's, had to overcome a lot of adversity and skepticism to prove, oh excuse me, expose themselves as the true competitors they were. Not only did they help the team to gain fame and develop into an elite squad, but the most captivating aspect of their tenure was the element of brotherhood they exuded.

No comments:

Post a Comment